blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Saturday 10 December 2011

12 Cards of Christmas T!m Holtz Style Card 2


Today in my endeavor to play catch up I started my card version of Tag 2. This was my inspiration...



Card 2


I chose some music note paper from the Kaisercraft Black and White Timeless 6.5"x6.5" paper pad.


I then coloured it with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink Pad by swiping it across the paper, to lighten the colour I spritzed with water and dabbed with paper towel, I then spritzed again with my home made pearl glimmer mist.


I dried this with my heat gun. then chose some Inkadinkado and some Recollections stamps. I used my Versamark pad and then Ranger Super Fine Embossing powder to create my own resist effect.


I used my Snow Cap Distress Stain all over the paper and then dabbed the embossed areas with a damp paper towel so these areas then became more visible.


I grabbed a sheet of Grungeboard and my Tim Holtz Sizzix On The Edge Bracket Die, I made sure to move the grungeboard a fair way onto the die without it touching the large bracket cutting area. I used tape to hold the grunge in place over the small bracket and then ran it through my Cuttlebug.


I used both the positive and the negative from the cut to create both a top and bottom border for my background, you can see in the pic how they fit back together. I painted both pieces with silver Adirondack Paint Dabber, waited for it to dry and then sanded with Heidi Swapp sand paper, paying close attention to the edges. I then swiped Festive Berries Distress Ink pad over both pieces.

Using my ecraft I cut an ornament svg I found for free on the net (thanks to whomevers svg it was, I have so many I have lost track of where they have come from lol) from the leftover music paper. I then coloured the ornament by tapping my Festive Berries Distress Ink pad on my Ranger Craft Sheet and spritzing with my homemade pearl mist. I then dragged the ornament through the pool of shimmery colour making sure to get an even coverage. The colour came out too light the first time so I repeated the process using less water.


I cut the same ornament again with my ecraft only this time I used heavy red cardstock. I glued the two pieces together using Multi-Medium Matte.


I coloured part of a plain sheet of cardstock with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and mist and then dried very well. I used ecraft again to cut out a bird and flourish image. As you can see in the following image I cut the svg into two pieces.


Using Multi-Medium Matte I adhered these to the christmas Ornament. I then used a Crop - a - Dile to place a large star eyelet into the top of the ornament. The silver was a bit too bright so I painted over it with the silver dabber then painted a little around the edges of the ornament as well. I used a paint brush on the tight corners as the dabber couldn't get in there lol.


I found some eyelets and brads pretty close in colour to the whitewashed background. Using a ruler for the brads I measured 1cm in from each end of the piece of painted grunge I decided to use for my bottom border and pierced a hole with a paper piercer. I then measured the midway point and pierced another hole. I measured between the edge and centre hole on both sides and placed two more holes at the midway point on each side. I then inserted brads into each of these five holes. I then used multi medium again to glue this to the background (in hindsight I should have used glossy accents as I had to add extra glue and hold for a good while lol).

For the top border I used the grungeboard a guide, placing eyelets above the three points. one on each end and one in the middle.


I used the silver paint dabber again to dull down the brightness of some silver chain and jump rings.


I then used my beading tools, two jump rings, some of the chain and a lobster claw clasp I had also dabbed some silver paint onto, to secure the ornament through the middle eyelet of my top border. Thus creating a removable tree ornament :)


For the two end eyelets I made a string of Swarovski crytsal beads. Two red and one half dipped silver on each end. I again used my paint dabber on the chain and jump rings but forgot to do the head pins... Oops! lol. I tried gluing the border down with multi-medium but had no joy so I used trusty Glossy Accents instead!


I then stuck this to my card base using double sided tape :) Yay another completed Card.


As you can see in the next pic, even once the ornament is removed the recipient will still be left with a nice card :) So in effect it is a Christmas card and mini gift in one.



Hope you liked my take on T!m's second tag. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and I will help any way I can :)
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment