blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Monday 12 December 2011

12 Cards of Christmas T!m Holtz Style Card 5



As you can see by todays card I used the reindeer from a previous tag and combined it with todays background technique. My muse of course is T!m's tag 5.


Card 5


I grabbed another piece of packaging from a lifestyle crafts die packet ( I have a stash of these ). I then covered the plastic in Cranberry and Watermelon Alcohol Inks and some blending solution. I used more cranberry than watermelon.

I grabbed some christmas stamps from various sets. Mostly Inkadinkado and Fiskars sets. I used Forest Green Stazon to stamp my images one at a time on the alcohol inked side of the plastic. Then I used some paper towel and blotted the ink off after each stamp. When I did the smaller ones I did a couple at a time.


I glued my plastic to a sheet of cream cardstock and trimmed off the excess. If i could change one thing about this card it would be to use white cardstock instead.

I was undecided on what to do next so I started looking through my svg's. I found a deer that looked similar to the one T!m used on tag one. I flipped the image so it would be facing the way I wanted and cut it out of DCWV White Core in my ecraft on pressure setting 6.

I sanded around the edges and then added distress ink with my ink tool. Firstly in Antique Linen and then Frayed Burlap.


Looks pretty good but as I was looking at it I decided I wanted to add another layer. So out came the Snow Cap paint dabber. I used a cotton tip and one of my nail art dotting tools to addd some white highlights to my deer. I used a marker to add the eye.


The wreath is my leftover one from card 3. I adjusted the size til I got the fit I was after and glued it together behind the deers neck. I added seed beads between the leaves for some extra zing. I will end up doing that to card 3 as well :) lol.


I placed some chain and jump rings in a small zip lock bag and added a few drops of Bottle alcohol ink. I worked it all around til everything was well covered and tipped them onto my craft mat to dry.


I created a title using a stamp and a lifestyle crafts die with the same cardstock I created the deer from. As you can see in the pic I used carefully placed tape to hold my die in place. I sanded around the edges.


I the took Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap distress ink and added some colour around the edges.


I then took my green chain and found three charms to dangle from the ends. I coloured the ornament and tree with Bottle alcohol ink and the stocking with Cranberry. I added them to three different sized lengths of chain with jump rings. The tree is on the shortest with a red bead dangling off the chain as well. On the middle length chain I added the stocking and a green bead. Finally on the longest chain I added the ornament and another red bead.

I added dimensional foam tape to the back of the deer and sentiment to pop it off my card.



I grabbed a green brad and poked a hole in the upper right corner of my background. I used a jump ring to secure the three strands of chain together. Then added two more jump rings. I slip the brad through the third jump ring and then through a hole I pierced in the background. Because it is so close to the edge I had to trim my brad down after I opened it.


And there we have it, card five complete :). hope you like this one. I am rather proud of my deer!
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment