blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Saturday 4 February 2012

Home Made Bead Sprays



Well I found a tutorial on youtube to make my own bead sprays. So I had to try it out as bead sprays are not something I would usually buy. They are after all a bit on the expensive side. The lady who I am emulating is Leanne from LovleeScrappin. Click the link to see her tutorial. It is very clear and well done :)

 My first effort is well... Iffy at best lol. Not bad for my first try I guess. Of course I didn't follow directly what Leanne said soo erm yeah anyways... here it is.


My next effort was much better, however I had the wire break along the way. Twisted too tight I guess. I had to undo that section and reattach the wire to the main body... That was fun for a non beader lol. I know no secrets. So what I did was add the blue bead in the middle and used that to anchor the broken wire to and reintegrate it into the spray. I added another bead in the middle because I thought one looked weird lol.


Then I decided to try one more time and do something different. I added extra beads to each line, all except one have three beads on each arm. I added a bead at the bottom to finish it off. As you can see by my spacing I am learning as I go. I will get there in the end! lol



None of the ones I have made tonight have any colour theme. I was just playing and learning how to make the sprays. I'd still like to try and work out how to get the effect I was going for in the first one to work but as a non beader I am happy with baby steps!

The first and last sprays were made with swarovski crystals. The middle one was made with acrylic beads.
Thanks for looking and Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment