blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Monday 27 February 2012

Stampendous Baby On Board Page



Hi everyone. Sorry it's been a while, loads of studying going on as well as helping my mum and volunteering at school etc :). That's not to say I haven't been crafting, I have been working on a secret project that I will be able to share in a couple of weeks :) and another that I will share at the end of April. Can't share them before the recipient receives them!

So I had been looking for a project to use the Stampendous Cling Thinking of You set. I decided to enter the Stampendous texture challenge and was going through the list of my stampendous stamps and thought I know just the one :).



Then I went through my photo's and found these three from when I was pregnant with my first child way back in January 1996. I had already formed a vision in my head of a page of circles. Well not really a vision just an idea lol.

I stamped the medallion onto my waffle texture cardstock with Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress inks. I then used the same stamp and my Versamark pad on plain cs and embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder for texture. After heat embossing I cut these with my Lifestyle Crafts Circle dies using some florist tape to hold the dies in place.

I cut my photos with various sizes of scallop circle dies... Yes I know they aren't scalloped anymore. I changed my mind... I just felt the three scalloped photo's looked out of place. This is a page in progress shot showing the scalloped pics and temporary placement of circles....lol The circles are held in place with repositionable tape.


After that I had to take everything off because my cat had decided it was a nice bed while I was sleeping and left kitty hairs everywhere! lol.

I used my three colours of distress ink starting from the lightest, tumbled glass, and my distress tool and completely covered each embossed circle. I then used broken china, leaving a small area of tumbled glass visible in the centre and finally faded jeans around the edges. I did this for many many stamped images so I could then cut them smaller and have the various shades on each piece.

Using inkscape and a jpeg image I found online and a youtube tutorial I created an svg file of a pregnant lady to finish off my page. I cut her out with my ecraft and again stamped her with the medallion and embossed her. I used the same three distress inks to tie her in with the rest of my page. For added dimension each of my ladies is adhered with foam tape as are some of the pics and dots.


Here is another  view of the other side. My words are glittered american crafts thickers for even more texture.


 I craftily hid a journaling spot between the top and middle photo. one of the spots just big enough to add the required info to, I didn't want it to detract from the page itself by adding ribbons and things so I just created a little area to stick a circle that could be removed :).

Hope you enjoyed my page, Thanks for looking and
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

1 comment:

  1. Really love the way you've texturized the silhouettes by embossing the stamp! Very clever, and a darling use of this image. Thanks for entering it into our texture challenge!

    ReplyDelete