blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Can We Say Gelatos?

Have a few cards, most sans sentiments again lol, to share with you all :) The title says it all. I have been playing with my Faber-Castell Gelatos. Trying different combos, mostly just messing about :) So here goes.

This is the first card I created with the Gelatos. I mixed different blues and a lil green, including the shimmer blue and green, to make water and then blended it all upward to make a paler sky. I added in some white to make some subtle clouds.


Oops I forgot to take a pic of the finished card lol. It's just mounted onto a white card base :) The whole thing was made using gelatos, even the stamping. The stamps are Technique Tuesday All Aboard and Prima Almanac.

The next card is a gelato background with stamped gelato butterflys in pinks and purples. I also used stazon, acetate and the labels movers and shapers die.


To make the butterflys I laid down some gelatos in stripes using the same colours as the background and then an acetate layer stamped with stazon and glued with good ole glossy. I used the Bo Bunny Gabrielle stamp set.

Next up is the rain man... Lol. I started with a layer of silver and gold gelato around the edges of a tag, then I used a waterbrush to move the colours around and blend them towards the middle.I then added a layer of butterscotch and chocolate the same way.


I then stamped Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous clocks with gathered twigs distress ink and nibs with tea dye. The rain man and words are stamped with archival. Yay I finally have archival!!! :) The umbrella has been stamped again and fussy cut. Both the umbrella and label are adhered with foam tape.

Phew and we are only half way there. I decided to split my post other wise it would get way too long lol. Loving gelatos, they are so fun to play with. They hardly look like they have been used yet I think they will go a long way :)
Stay tuned for part two
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

I am entering the Bon Voyage Card at Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Loving all your cards, they have such an eclectic and different look.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete