blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Butterflies and Poker Chips!

G'day! lol

Just wanted to pop in with a quick post thats not paper craft related. I know shocker. I have two English visitors atm so my craft time has become premium for the time being and crafting has gone by the wayside until I uncover my table lol.

Time has flown so fast one of my visitors is leaving next week. Feels like blink and we missed the almost month she was here :(. We did some fun things her first week here like took a trip on the Manly Ferry, went to ocean world, had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and had a mani/pedi day with my two girls as well :)

Anyway during this time I have also had two birthdays, while I don't have cards to show I do have cakes. The first one is a butterfly cake I made for my daughters 16th. I had to improvise as she had put a cake pan on the bench and it had fallen off so I didn't realise that was the cake shape she wanted and my friend didn't have the same or similar pan.


I used a heart shape pan and made two cakes and reserved a little bit of each mix to make three cupcakes for the body. The antennae are made from pipe cleaners as you can see. Each cake has been covered with melted Cadbury's chocolate before being decorated with an icing kind of like fondant I bought in a packet. I know I am a big cheater cheater heeeeheeeeee.... I used another smaller heart pan to make the icing hearts and a melon baller to make the small circles. The hearts are surrounded by cachous (note to self have, put them closer to the edge next time!) and some flowers have been added to the top of the cake for extra decoration and to make eyes on the first cupcake.

The next cake is my mans for his birthday. We were having a poker party so I thought I would make him a poker chip. I used two round cakes, Cadbury chocolate again and more icing and some coockie cutter shaped to make this cake.


Considering they were both rush jobs I don't think they turned out too bad lol...anyways another busy day aheasd, we are off to watch The Avengers at the movies today lol so I best get movin'
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

PS waiting for an order from Simon Says Stamp and another from Inspiration Emporium... I will have to get my craft on then!!! (Gelatos are coming from Simon among loads of other goodies and the new spring colours and reinkers from IE :)).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tabatha,
    Suh a lovely cake, I am sure your daugter will love it. Its always nice having visitors from OS.

    just letting ypu know that you are one of the featured artists for the recycled card you entered at just keep on creating, awesome card andCongrats

    ReplyDelete