blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Butterfly Birthday Card



Today I am sharing the purple card I talked about in a previous post. This was nice and easy to make. I used Distress Stains on lightly misted watercolour paper. I started with Seedless Preserves, then Dusty Concord followed by Shaded Lilac. I made sure to overlap each colour a little bit. I laid down a good amount of each colour and then blended with my finger from darkest to lighest and then from lightest to darkest.

Once dried with the heat tool I flicked water over the top, waited around 10-15 seconds and then mopped up the excess water with paper towel before drying with a heat tool. I coloured a small scrap of paper in the same colours and used a Carl punch to cut a butterfly.



I stamped my sentiment with a Hero Arts stamp and used silver embossing powder. When I heated the embossing powder it melted into the back ground :S. I don't know if it was becaue of the watercolour paper or if it was because they powder was some old stuff my mum gave me lol. I cut a V at the end and then using another Carl punch I cut some mini suns out, as you can see I cut too close to the edge with one :(


I used foam squares to adhere the strip to my white card base and Glossy Accents to adhere the butterfly. I then used a Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Silver to decorate the card and butterfly with some dots.


Well this has to be the cleanest and simplest card I have made :) I really love this one lol.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

I am sharing this on:
Simon Says Stamp
Make It Monday
Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays
One Stop Craft Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I love how you overlapped the colors , great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very CAS! Love all he purple inks you used, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hand made coloured paper for sentiment strip and the butterfly .love the siver pen dots too . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card and I love the coloured paper.

    Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Crafts Challenge and good luck.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete