blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Sunday 24 February 2013

Getting Into This Challenge Thing!


I have a few challenges I am interested in doing at the moment so I am actively going to combine a few. One is two squares, a circle, a sentiment and ribbon, another is ribbon and buttons (lets see of I can pull that off) and another is embossing on embossing type of thing.

First up I have coloured a chipboard frame in Magenta Hue Archival and its inner piece in French Ultramarine Archival. I then covered them in Perfect Medium and UTEE. I heated them up and while still hot tossed more utee on top to give three layers in total and a nice smooth surface.Then I took Versamark and inked up some stamps from Stampendous called Butterfly Beauties and with the inner piece replaced in the frame I stamped across both pieces. I used Hampton Arts embossing powder from the pastel pack in plain pink and blue.



I chose three co-ordinating papers from the DCWV French Country stack. With my Ecraft I cut a doily svg that I got for free from somewhere. Unfortunately I have lost the link back to the website :( With my bug and a Lifestyle Craft Nesting Rounded Squares I cut the 2nd biggest one from a different paper.



With the third paper I cut small pieces to go behind some tearing I did on the square piece. I ripped two small lines on opposite sides of the paper and used a water brush to soften the paper in that area to make it easier to bend back. I then used another co-ordinating paper behind the tears.


Buttons buttons . . . I have  a couple hundred but do you think I can find some to match what I have lol. Maybe I should have started with buttons lol. Anyway I found one and here it is in situ lol.


I made a flower by gluing the dcwv papers to grungepaper and cutting the second biggest flower from Tim Holtz' Tattered Florals Sizzix die. In hindsight I should have just used the papers as they are quit thick on their own. I then used one whole flower, one with one petal removed and one with two removed. I used the two petals off the last flower to make the centre. I was going to use a button but it just wouldn't work lol. I edged the flower petals with tumbled glass and warn lipstick using the ink blending tool to get a softer look.


Now I am on the hunt for ribbon and a cute tag as well as a sentiment. Getting close to the wire now lol. Challenge ends in 3.5hrs. Gettin sleepy but I will win!!! I found a tag I got from SVG Cuts and used some scraps from the card to cut the two layers in my ecraft and then inked their edges. I used some ribbon from Martha Stewart in the top layers hole. I am going to adhere them together with foam tape so the base sits under my chipboard frame.





Next the fun bit, working out where everything goes lol. I used triple foam tape behind the centre square of my frame and glossy on the ribbons, button and flower. Double sided tape for everything else.
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

I am entering this at:
Make My Monday - Ribbons and Buttons
Technique Time Tuesday - Embedded Image
Trimmies Craft Challenge Blog - Two squares, a circle, a sentiment and ribbon
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too -  Mothers Day/Female

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I like the design the distressing and the fabulous rose.
    kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card - so many beautiful elements all working perfectly together. Thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing! LOVE all the elements and the different techniques you used! Thanks for joining us at MMM as well as TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! The butterfly chipboard piece is so nicely done. You can see how smooth it is! Great job on the technique! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, love your colors and the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, I really love your Card - a great way to play with our Recipe.

    Thanks for joining the C.R.A.F.T Girls this week!

    Make sure to check back to see who'll be our Winners and Top3.

    Hugs, Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card love the design and DP.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! Ty for joining us @ Simply Create Too

    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful - love how you've used our technique!
    Thank you so much for joining in with our Embedded Image Challenge at TTTC. We really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to ‘play’ along with us and hope to see you again next month Karen Technique Time Tuesday Crew

    ReplyDelete