blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Thursday 7 February 2013

Valentine Heart Card

I thought I would share a card I made for Valentines. Most of the work has been done by using Lifestyle Crafts heart shaped dies :)


My base was made by folding red cs and carefully lining up the fold with the top of the Nesting Lace Hearts die so that instead of getting two hearts I retained the fold. Next I cut a black Nesting Scallop Heart followed by a red Heart Doily (actually that die is what started this card :)) , an itty bitty Nesting Eyelet Heart and then a regular Nesting Heart.

I used some stamps but of course at this moment forget which brands lol, . . . I stamped the base layer and the top layer with Fired Brick distress ink. The sentiment was stamped with black archival. I coloured some I Am Roses with Dylusions and then sprayed them with home made shimmer spray.



I make the spray I use the most with Pearl-Ex in Macro Pearl, Micro Pearl and Pearl White. I have a 100ml bottle I use to make up the spray  because I use it so much lol. I have to say I usually add double Macro Pearl because I love it's bling bling bling effect lol. As Pearl-Ex needs a binder added I usually start with warm water and add either  Gum Arabic or or a feww drops of Glossy Accents and give it a good shake before adding any pearls.

I finished the card by adhering all the layers together with double sided tape, placing the flowers and adding some twizzles (the flower stems twisted around a paintbrush handle or an awl) and gluing them down with Glossy Accents. To finish off I added some Black Enamel Accents spots.


My only beef with the card is next time I make one I need to either have it open at the side or alter the direction of the stamping and element placement as  this card opens to sit on the side . . . oops!





Anyways Thanks For stopping by :)
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

I am submitting this at;
Crafty Catz - Anything But a Square
Simon Says Stamp - Have a Heart
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft Challenge - Anything Goes
Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays  - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant - Love is in the Air

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous heart shape card, I like the red and black
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and beautiful card thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shaped card,thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I love the doily heart

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete