blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Friday 15 March 2013

KaiserCraft Technologic in Black and White

Well todays card came about because of a sketch and a couple of other challenges. The sketch is from 613 Avenue Create. I changed the oval to label as I didn't have an oval to fit my robot. I have been itching to use this set ad thought this would be the perfect op. this is the sketch . . .
Today I started from the top and worked my way down. First up I chose a piece of Core'donations from Tim Holtz, black with the kraft core and used my one of my Lifestyle Crafts Labels dies, the inner die, to cut it in my cuttlebug.
I used the spellbinders tan mat as well to add some extra definition to the edges for the nest step. I used the Tim Holtz sanding block to sand off a fair bit of the black. Especially around those edge bits.
I grabbed the brushed pewter Distress Stain and covered the entire piece (don't worry if you do this and can't see through it lol), I spritzed with water and blotted with paper towel and kept repeating til I removed most of the stain and left a soft shimmer once dried. Next I use weathered wood stain over the entire piece, depends on how much colour is wanted whether spritzing before drying is needed. I chose to spritz and lift a little colour with the paper towel.
I stamped my image next, but before I did I made sure I had the stamp mounted and everything positioned where I needed it because I needed to work fast. I re-inked my Stazon Metallic Silver ink pad and inked up my robot from the KaiserCraft Technologic stamp set and stamped him on my label. This is actually take two as the first attempt I didn't shake my re-inker enough first lol.
Next I decided to carry on with a bit more silver. I grabbed some silver shimmer paper and set to making the banner portion of the sketch. I used a sentiment from Inkadinkados Chelsea Sentiments. I wanted the sentiment on two lines so I snipped it in half before stamping with Archival Jet Black. The cogs and heartbeat are from the technologic set. I also decided at this point the card would be black and I would add a silver mat between my card base and my patterned paper that I hadn't chosen yet lol.
So I went searching through a bunch of stacks to find the perfect pp. At the very back of the Black and White Timeless KaiserCraft stack I found something I thought would work, it reminds me of a maths book lol. It was a very plain piece so I decided to add some stamping. I really wanted to use the barcode in the Technologic set so I stamped that first and then created a border around the rest of the piece with the two cogs in the set. The barcode says "Boys will be boys" at the bottom.

At the last minute I decided to mount the silver banner on some black cs to give it a bit more definition and then added it to the card with tape. The robot is mounted with foam tape for some dimension. I noticed after I took this pic that the end of the banner was sticking up, so I popped some tape under to get it to stay down lol.
 This I think is one of the first black and white cards I have made that doesn't feature flowers :) Hope you like my Robot Card!
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

I am entering this in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create - Sketch
Eclectic Ellapu - Birthday
Crafty Cardmakers - Technology/Masculine
Joyful Stamper - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the papers and your step by step pictures.
    Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a wonderful job on your project! Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the robot image great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE your interpretation of my sketch!! This is so cool, love that you didn't use an oval, great techniques, good choice to add the black under the banner too! Your entry makes me smile :) Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!

    Kathi
    Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this project! It is a cohesive well thought out and cohesive design! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana
    Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the detail in this project. Thanks for playing along with my masculine theme at craft cardmakers challenge this week.

    Rebecca x

    http://mellymoopapercrafting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card! Love your beautiful patterned paper and the cute image. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday.... ^_^

    ReplyDelete