blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Saturday 12 October 2013

Birthday Fun with Recollections and K & Co

Hiya everyone :) This weeks theme at Eclectic Ellapu is 1st Birthday. I had coloured a bunch of little kiddy images with my Copics as practice not long after I got them, I was going to use them for a cardmaking class but they decided they just wanted to make christmas cards. So I decided to use one for this card :) I used a Lifestyle Crafts die to cut my around my image using my ebosser.
 I then had fun trying to find some pp's to go with the image. It really does pay to choose papers first! lol but what can you do. My base layer is a piece I picked up cheap somewhere and it doesn't have a brand name on it. Before I adhered it to my white card base I went around the edges of the card base in Y000, the lighter colour around the lion. Then I also coloured a strip of paper with it to add across the top of the pp.
Next up I took a piece of K & Company pp from a stack I have and used a die from Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and cut it in my ebosser. I also used the new metal plate to cut thing dies with. Worked great! I adhered this piece on and angle.
I then used Timeless Rectangles to cut a white piece of cs. I then took the same Copic and coloured the whole thing. I used Wild Honey Distress ink to stamp the sentiment.
I then used Y000 again to colour some pearls to match the rest of the card and stuck them at the four corners.
I used foam tape to raise both the image and sentiment off the card for a bit of dimension and called it done! :) lol
Happy Scrappin'
Purple





No comments:

Post a Comment