Saturday, 17 August 2013

Painting The Roses Red with My New Copics!

So I was looking into getting alcohol markers . I bought some Promarkers and I really liked them so I bought another set (vivid and set 1) . The only problem was I didn't have many blendable colours . Then I bought a set of 30 old Trias someone was selling. This gave me a few pastel colours and some skin colours and also 30 fine nibs that also work on the Promarkers . I really love the streakless colouring. I have faber castells and could never get them to not streak so don't know what I was doing wrong! Anyway to cut this long story short I frequent ebay quite a bit and came across a seller in France who was selling a complete set of  Ciaos and Wides with a couple of sketches thrown in. They are barely used (they said they did 2 pictures) and still nice and juicy. So with my heart in my chest and waiting til the last minute to bid I nabbed them for less than 1/3 of the rrp :) Bargain lol. Then for my birthday a friend bought me the case for them :) All my copics and promarkers fit in it nicely at this stage although I am not sure if I will keep all the wides. Will see how I feel a bit down the track.
Anyway now that I am finished rambling about that I get to tell you that this weeks project for Eclectic Ellapu needs to contain playing cards :). So I scoured the net for an image I could use. I fell in love with one but thought $4 might be a lil much for a digi when you can get rubber for that price. So I kept looking. Originally I thought maybe I would do the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland but then I found some Free images at From Old Books. That links takes you directly to the page with the image I used but there are many many more :)
So now I have coloured this with a combination of copics and promarkers and am using an Xcut Ornate Frame die to cut it out in my Ebosser. Here is a list of colours I have used:
Roses, paintbrushes and Card 2; R27,  R29, E40, E41
Card 5; R59, RV69
Card 7; Promarkers Olive and Pear Green
Stockings;  E35, E33
Faces; E00, E01, E02, E93 (cheeks)
Tree; G99, G95, YG95
Grass and bush; YG63 YG67, Olive Green, G94, G28, YG91
Shadows on all cards; C5, C2, C0
Paint pots; C5, C3, Y21
Next I grabbed Cosmo Crickets 6"  Odds & Ends stack. I grabbed two co-ordinating pieces. The green stripey piece, the coloured image and the piece for iside the card were all cut using Xcuts Ornate Frames. I edged them with R29.
For the cream floral piece I used a Martha Stewart corner punch and my B000 for the edges. Argh my kitty is trying to help me type lol.
Next up I grabbed my Tim Holtz Tattered Banners Sizzix die to cut two banners the same size. I used white cs which I coloured with R29 to match the rest of the card.  The sentiments were printed out at the same time as the images. I cut around them then coloured them with B000, there was still some R29 on my fingers and it came off on the first one I coloured so I decided I best put some on the other one as well so they matched :). I added two layers of foam tape behind the middle of each banner after I taped the sentiments on.
For my base I used cream cs that I edged with R29 again. I used double sided tape to add my Cosmo Cricket papers and then a single layer of foam tape on my image. I then added the banners. I was in two minds as to whether or not to add flowers or not. But as you can see I have left it for now :)
Below are a couple of images I have coloured with my copics since I got them.
Not very good at hair yet that's why she isn't finished. I attempted hair on the second one as you can see :) also a mouth... Shoulda left it but live n learn hey?
The second picture here shows three different card stocks. Neenah Solar White and two I got from officeworks here in Australia. I have to say the cheaper two cardstocks performed way better than I thought they would. When I pull some more paper for my cupboard I will do a post on it and let you know the names of the brands :).
Thanks for Stopping by.
Happy Scrappin'

I am entering this at;
Simon Says Stamp - Die Cuts

Saturday, 3 August 2013

Something For Teacher With Sandylion Stickers

I thought I would try for a more CAS project this week and I had the perfect stickers for the theme. The only trouble I had was finding a table svg so I found this free file here and imported it into SCAL 3. As it would have cut all those lines I made a shadow layer and cut that out instead. I used a white cs base with a very light cream matte on top of that. Anything darker made the table fade into the background. The stickers are all from Sandlylion and have foam dots behind them already to pop them off the card.You can see the shadows from them being raised off the card below.
Both the table and the blackboard background are cut from a brown batik paper that I thought would work well as wood :). I used Lifestyle Crafts nesting squares to cut the table and blackboard background. I stamped a Thank You from an Inkadinkado set with Cotton White Opaque Stazon. I added a square of cs under the batik layer of the blackboard to reinforce it so I could add some very thin foam tape underneath. The twine is from hemptique

The best bit is I have enough stickers left in this set to make a girly back to school or graduation card :) I hope you like my more simplified project this week for Eclectic Ellapu !
Happy Scrappin'

PS sorry I have been so absent of late! I have had a whole lot going on plus I just got alcohol markers and have been busy learning a whole new skill set. I started with promarkers and trias, then I got lucky and someone was selling an almost complete set of Ciao's on ebay that got here on Tuesday. I have been colouring up a storm! Need to make use of some of those images so I can show you!