blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Belles and Whistles Pen Friend With KaiserCrafts Candy Lane

First off, sorry for the not so good pic, think my lens was a bit smudgy :( all the pics I have for this card are like it, siiiigh . . . Any how this card was for a young lady I knows birthday. I let her pick the stamp and the main colour theme.  The stamp is from Belles and Whistles and is called Pen Friend. I started by stamping the image onto Neenah Solar White cs as well as onto my marker pad so I could get an idea of colours that would work together.
And the I got to colouring with a bunch of Promarkers and Copics. As you can tell my lil friend loves hot pink, so does my daughter lol. I find it a challenge to work with so thank goodness for colour co-ordinated paper pads lol. I used the marker pad to help find a suitable blending family as you can see.
Lucky I did as the marker I used for the ribbon was extra juicy and a lil leaky lol. If I had used it right on my image I would have ruined it! I solved the problem by putting the fine tip on the promarker and using a very light stroke over the ribbons. I was very lucky when I took the tip off as ink went everywhere but on the image! lol
I went around the whole image with nice soft pink copics for a nice halo effect. Just so you can see how many colour I generally use on an image . . . Here ya go lol! Actually this bunch on the small side.
Next up I grabbed  bunch of spellbinders dies and began cutting my layers with my Ebosser. I used Labels Four to cut my image, I used a Timeless Rectangles die on the pink layer and a Floral Ovals die on the teapot layer.
I used foam tape behind my image and the pink layer for dimension as you can see from the shadows in the pic.
I then took a Fiskars stamp and two Tim Holtz Tattered Banners from Sizzix and stamped the sentiment. To do this I carefully inked up the one line at a time so I could put one on each banner. I used a baby wipe very carefully to remove any excess if I got it on the line I wasn't using at the time.
I added foam tape under the banner so it was in line with my 2nd raised layer, cut another co-ordinating piece of pp for my background and stuck it all to my card base :)
 Apologies again for the out of focus pics, hopefully I don't have any more like that! Anyhow time for me to get some shut eye so . . .
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment