blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Sunday 23 February 2014

Die Versions Big Butterfly with a Little Distress and some MSE

Hi everyone, thought I would try and make a one layer card. I am not to good at the clean and simple look so I try and attempt a few CAS cards every now and then. Not sure if this one qualifies lol. This week it's the purple teams turn at Eclectic Ellapu and if you haven't guessed the theme is BLING or Sequins lol. We all know I love bling :)
For this Card I took the Die Versions Big Butterfly die and cut some scrap cs to make my own stencil/mask. I started with a white card base and some random Distress Ink pads (was at my friends so used a combination of what I'd taken and hers lol). As always all cutting is done with my ebosser :) I used my blending tool and randomly applied colours over the die cut. I had to hold the die cut down firmly to stop it from moving and change where I was holding it as I went so I didn't miss any spots.From top left I used, Festive Berries, Tumbled Glass, Versa Magic Spring Pansy, Evergreen Bough, Brushed Corduroy and Broken China.
I used a pair of tweezers I got from ebay to adhere my bling with Matte Accents. The tweezers are in the nail art section of ebay and only cost $1 for two pairs.
 My daughter chose the colours of rhinestones I used. A beautiful aqua colour and a dark green. Again I got the bling from the nail art section super cheap.
 I then added some stamping in Stazon Blazing Red and Forest Green. I used the MSE stamp set Thinking Of You. I added some more bling to the centre of the flowers in an orange colour. This card was super quick to make and is a good way to utilise your dies in another way! Not sure I like the finished result, I liked it much better before the addition of stamping! lol
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment