blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Sunday 9 February 2014

Kissed By an Angel with KaiserCrafts Made With Love

It's the Purple teams turn over on Eclectic Ellapu and this weeks theme is use a die cut heart. Mine ended up getting very hidden so I added some extras lol. I used a whole bunch of die companies on here . . . Hope there is no rule against mixing them up! 
I started with KaiserCrafts Made With Love Collection (I snapped this up on clearance at a LSS), selecting the papers I wanted to use. I then did some colour matching with my Copics and Promarkers and stamped Connie Fongs Kissed By An Angel Sweet Pea stamp with Memento ink onto Neenah Solar White.
I then die cut the image and my first two layers using Spellbinders Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents. Now here is where I go into trouble as you will see in the pic. I hadn't actually crafted at home for a while and didn't realise my craft sheet wasn't totally clean :( As I edged my image with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink I swiped up some blue off my mat :( For the bottom layer I snipped off the long end pieces before I inked the edges as you can see in the pic. I used foam tape on under the image and double sided tape under the matting piece.
 Next I die cut Lifestyle Crafts Heart Insert surrounded by a Nesting Lace Heart die from red foil cs. I saved all the little hearts for other projects as well as adding some to this one. I had to use the metal shim in my Ebosser to get this die to cut through the thick card stock. I glued the heart down with Matte Accents.
Next I used a Sizzix Sizzlit die called Ribbon Insert. My cat loves Sizzlis, if she sees one around she thinks it's fair game and claws it! Good thing they still work with claw marks in them :)Very hard paper to take a pic of! I inked the edges of this piece with Milled Lavender. I used foam tape on this layer as well.
To hide my mess I grabbed some I Am Roses flowers and coloured them with distress stains in Milled Lavender, Wild Honey, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade and Barn door. I then spritzed them with homemade pearl mist (come on a girl's gotta have some sparkle, right?).
Next up I cut a piece of pp for the background and rounded the corners of the pp and the card base as well. I inked the edges of both with Milled Lavender and adhered the background with doublesided tape. I used matte accents to adhere my flowers and twizzles to the card as well as the cute lil hearts I saved from earlier.
Not totally sure how I feel about this one. I do know I think my colouring is coming along nicely :) Practice makes perfect right? Well till I kill it by swiping the wrong colours about the place! Flowers make everything better is becoming my motto I think . . .
Anyhow Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment