blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Saturday 15 February 2014

Sweet Pea Stamps Be My Valentine With More MME State Of The Heart Gatefold Card

Hi again, this is another card I made for Valentines Day. Again I coloured my image after selecting the papers I would use to make them gel together a bit better and to make life easier for myself! I started by stamping Sweet Pea Stamps Be My Valentine by Elisabeth Bell in memento black ink onto Neenah solar white cardstock. Then I selected the papers I would use from My Mind's Eye State of the Heart paper kit and colour matched as best I could.
This is definitely not a  usual colour palette for me so it was good to be outside my comfort zone. I coloured the image with a mix of Copic and Promarkers. The reds are Promarkers, browns and skin Copic. I then saw some prefolded gatefold cards I had bought and decided it would be the perfect time to try one out :)  I grabbed my first two pieces of pp and cut them the same size, then inked around the edges lightly in fired brick distress ink and around the edges of the card base with antique linen.
With the third pp I had chosen I used the largest spellbinders Heart Circles die to cut a matte for my image and inked around it with fired brick. I then used a Lifestyle Crafts Rounded Nesting Squares to cut out my image. I however decided to alter the size a bit with my paper trimmer and tidied uup the corners with a corner rounder . . .
Now is where the fun began. I decided I wanted to mount the heart circle onto some plain brown cs to break up the colour scheme a bit . . . After searching and trialling a few, I even cut quite a few different ones I hated them all. So I took some white cs and die cut it and added some antique linen around the edges. I used foam tape behind the heart circle and image layers to give dimension.
I got to this point and just thought . . . it doesn't look finished! So I had a think about what I could add to the card to finish it off and after playing about with some ideas I decided on Lifestyle Crafts It Kit Corners, the filigree heart one. All die cutting was done using my Ebosser. I swear if I didn't have a best friend already my Ebosser would become my bestie lol.
I then stamped a secret sentiment under the half of the circle that I hadn't adhered to the card using stamps by Our Craft Lounge called Love Notes with Archival Jet Black ink. Finally I stamped a sentiment from Cloud Nines Weddings stamp set.
So that's it another Valentines card posted :) I finished off a couple I had posted last year with some sentiments in the middle so I had a few to offer people. I managed to sell a couple and add some $$ to my new machine fund because my ecraft is out of warranty and doing the same thing all my others did :( cutting through everything on setting 1 like it was butter.
Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Scrapin'
Purple

1 comment:

  1. This is really gorgeous, I like the image and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete