blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Sunday 16 March 2014

A Little Gelato Love with Fleur Botanique

Hi everyone. It's that time again, time to post a new card for Eclectic Ellapu. The theme this week is Butterflys and Flowers. I got this stamp free with a magazine from England... So glad it was in my local newsagent! I had to have this gorgeous stamp. The magazine is Cardmaking and Papercraft and it's from the Fleur Botanique collection..
I coloured the background using gelatos like a watercolour. The flowers are done in Guava and Bubblegum for the pink and Lavender and Grape for the purple. The leaves are Pistachio, Green Tea and Lime and the background is Metallic Mint.
I used a spellbinders nested scallop die for the next layer, for the pp I used a lavender gelato wash to give it a hint of purple and then I cut a white square to mat it all on before adding it to my pink star dream card base.
I then stamped some butterflys in archival ink and water coloured them with the gelatos. I couldn't decide if I wanted to stamp them with black or coloured archival, so I did both and then chose the black ones :)

I took some white I Am Roses and coloured them with the gelatos to match the flowers in the background. The colours came out much darker on the flowers though lol. I misted them with homemade shimmer mist for some sparkle.
Finally I used a Tattered Banner by Tim Holtz to add my sentiment which was actually part of a journal block and coloured just the part I wanted with Black Soot Distress Marker. I added some Guava Gelato to the edges and smudged it with my finger.
So that's my card for this weeks challenge :) It's Mothers Day in may and so I am going to give this to my mum :) Her colours are red and aqua so I hope she likes this anyway, Haha!
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment