blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Thursday 10 April 2014

Kitchen Tea Card With a Teapot SVG by Bird

I was asked to make a kitchen tea card a while back and tossing about ideas I remembered this free SVG set by Bird over at Birds Cards, it's called Vintage Teapot Set. If you have a diecutting machine that takes files in various formats check her out! She truly is amazing and the files are all free and come in a variety of formats. Bird also has digital stamps and sentiments all free as well :)
Basically I cut two plain teapots and one with the flowers  cut out. I added some coloured papers behind the opening in green and blue and then adhered a plain teapot behind to cover up the papers from the back. I used an Autumn Leaves Flower Flourish stamp to add the flowers to the edges with peacock feathers distress ink I think. I stamped off first so the colour wouldn't be too harsh.
I had to resize the teabag tag components several times until I got a size that I thought worked with the teapot as before I resized it it was way too big.  All the writing inside and out was done on my printer.

A close up of the RECIPE FOR A HAPPY MARRIAGE. If you Google it there are quite a few different versions and of course you can change it to suit :) Of course my die cutter no longer works so I am saving for a new one. The Brother Scan and Cut looks good but it has a few issues which means I am going to hold off a while nd see if they fix it or if one of the other companies comes up with something similar. I just adore the scan and cut feature! Especially as I hate fussy cutting . . . For now I have expanded my die collection to make my card making easier :)
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment