blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Reflection Stamping With Inkadinkado Fall Trees and Distress Inks

I just love refection stamping. This is my first proper attempt at it though and it couldn't be easier! All you need is a cool looking scenery stamp, archival ink, blendable ink pads and a post it note if you want a moon.
First up I stamped my image Fall Trees from Inkadinkado normally onto white cs with archival ink. I then grabbed a piece of acetate (you can also use a smooth stamping block or flat plastic packaging), reinked my stamp with the archival and carefully stamped onto the acetate. Be careful because it will slip slide around if you are not . . . I then turned the acetate upside down so the inked side was down and lined the trees up so they would be reflected and gently rubbed over the image to transfer the ink to the cs.
Using my ink blending tool I grabbed some distress colours I had in my stash to form a sunrise/sunset type colour scheme. I placed my post it "moon" where I wanted it and used makeup sponge wedges to add colour. I started with a festive berries, then ripe persimmon, squeezed lemonade and stormy sky. For the water I used Broken china with little bits of stormy sky here and there.
As I stamped the sentiment it smudged the word friendship a little bit. So I restamped it on a small strip of cs and cut out the word friendship and used foam tape to raise it off the card and make it an accent word. I also had another smudge from the edge of the stamp in the moon so I turned it into a bird and added a couple more.

I trimmed my panel down and added a white piece behind to set off the colours, I thought the orange looked so good I added my panel to an orange card base. I want to make a whole bunch of these as they are so easy!
Happy Scrappin'
Purple



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your instructions and card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete