Sunday, 18 May 2014

A Little Sketchy With Magnolia Way

Ok so last week I told you about my computer woes. Well they didn't end with getting a new adapter because that one went bang and tripped my fuses to boot lol. So I have ordered a new one and it should be here next week. Meanwhile I am working around the fact I have no lappy and using a combination of my phone and tablet with photobucket to be able to blog lol!

This week at Eclectic Ellapu the challenge is a sketch. I have to say it really kicked my butt, but I got there in the end . . . Here is the sketch from  Andria.
As you can see from above I decided to do a layout. Not something I have done for a while sadly. I need to get back in the swing of this and decided to pull elements of this sketch into my layout :)
I started by grabbing some gorgeous coordinating papers from DCWV's Magnolia Way stack and trimming them to the shapes required for the sketch. Then with my black base I lightly sketched where my pieces would be placed on the back and leaving a generous border to adhere my pp panels cut out the centre areas.
Luckily I had a scrap piece of the same cardstock to cut a mat for my largest pictures, but for the smaller picture and the banners I used the panels I had cut out. I did a couple of test triangles on scrap paper to try and get some measurements I was happy with then made some from the black card stock.
I originally was going with one pic but I just couldn't make it work :( So I grabbed a couple more and cut the black base for the first one with  an Mpress die and the photo in the second one with Xcuts Ornate Frame die.
I then edged all my black cardstock pieces with Stazon Metallic Gold. I cut some more slightly smaller triangles from leftover pp and then used a Making Memories Simply Stated Trademark rub on alphabet for the letters adding foam tape under both layers of triangles. I used double sided tape at the top of the bottom triangle to adhere it to my stretchy gold cord (dunno what the correct term is but that'll do lol).
For my final touches I chopped a Black Bella Jumbo Flower in quarters and added it to two corners as well as under the smaller pics. The flower centres were too plain so I used alcohol ink to colour some pearls to add an accent. To do this I added a couple of drops of gold alcohol ink to my nonstick craft sheet and used alcohol ink fillable pen filled with blending solution to pick it up once dry and colour the pearls.
I then scattered black bling and my hand coloured pearls around the photos and layout and called it done. Sounds simple huh, took me 3 or 4 days of walking away and coming back but it's done now. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment