blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Monday 26 May 2014

Distress Paints and Cabbage Roses CAS Style

Hiya Just a quick one today :D This is a card I made for someone who wanted some nice simple Thank You cards. The card started with me playing with the first set of Distress Paints when I got my hot li'l hand on them (the rest of the collection should be winging its way across the seas as I write this!) and doing some practicing on a craft tag. I used a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous flourish stamp all over the tag with Picket Fence Distress Paint. I had used the tag for something else and had about half left so I got the idea to use it up. I admit I have a box full of "Creative Play" type things I need to start using more and this project was perfect for one.
Something I don't do very often is go CAS, what can I say I like to add things lol. But all I had was half a tag and a vague idea. If you know me, you know I love butterflies, so out came some butterfly dies. I chose the smallest from Spellbinders Nested Butterflies Two and Lifestyle Crafts Nested Butterflies and cut a few from my tag.
I then grabbed Tim Holtz' Movers and Shapers Tickets die and what was left of my tag and cut the smallest ticket for my sentiment. For the background I used white cs and the Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Cabbage Roses. I also did something I haven't done before which is to stamp a split type sentiment. I stamped just a note on the front and then on the inside to say thank you with archival ink. I finished it off by adding a bunch of baby pearls.
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

Ps what a beautiful country I live in :)
Calalla NSW Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment